Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reports To: Sales Manager
The Account Manager is responsible for selling information technology products to active and prospective customers. This position is responsible for prospecting, managing multiple customer relationships, managing sales cycles, and maintaining a monthly sales quota centered around new and refurbished Cisco, Dell, HPE, IBM, or Lenovo products.
- Actively prospect into new companies through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails.
- Effectively use lead generation techniques to assemble lists of prospective customers.
- Maintain relationships with contacts and decision-makers.
- Maintain activity level standards (number of calls, number of quotes, time spent prospecting, etc.).
- Strategically manage sales cycles, manage accounts, and provide pipeline sales forecasts.
- Bring visibility of our server, storage and networking portfolio to our customers.
- Build a pipeline of potential future business by prospecting via the Internet, assigned territory lists, outbound marketing/lead campaigns and other sources as identified.
- Actively provide pre-and post-sales support to customers and prospects.
- Effectively use internet and other resources to better understand client’s industry and business needs.
- Consistently maintain monthly and annual sales quota and revenue goals.
- Qualify inbound leads and convert into sales opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with customers.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Become a product expert in the product lines the position is chartered to sell.
Education & Experience
- Previous technology sales experience and/or experience in asset recovery resale a definite plus.
- One to two years’ B2B sales or purchasing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge in VMware, server and storage architectures desirable but not required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before customers and employees is necessary.
- Able to understand and capture customer business requirements and provide communication back to the sales team.
- Superb written and phone communication skills are essential
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills.
If you are looking for a vibrant culture, a great compensation and benefits package, and an organization that wants to help you accomplish your long-term career goals, then we want to meet you.
Vista IT Group is a national technology provider serving customers in every state, representing multiple industry sectors and verticals. We have over 30 years of experience as a global technology provider and our unique business model serves as a strategic complement to the conventional global information technology supply chain. Vista possesses warehouse, logistics, and full integration capabilities, which make us stand out in an industry where most technology providers leverage external resources.