Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reports To: Director of Pre-Sales & Engineering
Vista IT Group is looking for an information technology professional with 3 or more years’ experience to join our team as an Infrastructure Support Engineer. The successful candidate will have a broad skill set and general knowledge encompassing several areas of the technology industry. The primary responsibility of this engineer will be to support the day-to-day operations of Vista IT Group’s internal technology environment applying their knowledge of computer hardware, software, and networks to ensure that all technological systems in the business function properly. They will be the onsite, first point of contact to new and existing employees for onboarding, troubleshooting as well as install, update, maintain and continuously improve the business operating environment.
- Maintain existing server, storage, network, security, and operating system environments
- Design and plan for upgrades, topology changes, and introduction of new technologies
- Actively listen and understand internal technical and business/organizational challenges
- Continue professional development and knowledge of IT products and solutions
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with proven technical acumen
- Bachelor’s degree or applicable industry certifications considered a plus
- Previous experience or a concentration in data center infrastructure is preferred but not necessary
A successful candidate will have experience in some or all technologies outlined below. Candidates will be evaluated on the diversity and mastery of the technologies.
- Microsoft Windows Server, SQL, Dynamics, Office 365/Exchange Online
- Active Directory, OUs, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Linux experience is considered a plus
- vSphere and vCenter
- LAN/WAN Design and operational support
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio
- Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Server+, Storage+, VSP, VTSP, VCP, CCNA, CCDA, CSE, MCSA, MCSE, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong presentations skills on the phone, in person, and in front of medium to large groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting, organizational skills and ability to resolve hardware and software issues
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized with the ability to maintain time management
In a rapidly growing organization, this position offers the opportunity for additional career paths.Future opportunities include but are not limited to Presales Engineering, Service Delivery, Customer Support or Project Management roles.
If you are looking for a vibrant culture, a great compensation and benefits package, and an organization that wants to help you accomplish your long-term career goals, then we want to meet you.
Vista IT Group is a national technology provider serving customers in every state, representing multiple industry sectors and verticals. We have over 30 years of experience as a global technology provider and our unique business model serves as a strategic complement to the conventional global information technology supply chain. Vista possesses warehouse, logistics, and full integration capabilities, which make us stand out in an industry where most technology providers leverage external resources.