Service Delivery Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reports To: Director of Pre-Sales & Engineering
Vista IT Group is looking for information technology professionals with 3 or more years’ experience to join our team as a Service Delivery Engineer. This position is responsible for validating and implementing customer solutions provided by Account Managers. Responsibilities include helping customers solve business problems with technology by leveraging Vista IT Group’s experienced team, logistical resources, and successful vendor relationships with VMware, NetApp, Nutanix, HPE, Juniper, Cisco, Lenovo, and Microsoft.
- Validate and deliver custom server, storage, network, services, cloud and software solutions to our customers
- Work closely with vendor technical resources and sales support to solve technical/support issues
- Manage customer account satisfaction from a technical perspective
- Where needed, interface with customers at a technical level to improve and accelerate sales cycles
- Actively listen and understand customer technical and business/organizational challenges
- Translate the value of a technical feature or solution into a valuable business benefit
- Achieve and maintain necessary certifications
- Continue professional development and knowledge of IT products and solutions
- Must be willing to travel as needed inside and outside of assigned geography
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience with proven technical acumen
- Bachelor’s degree, or applicable industry certifications a plus
- Previous experience or a concentration in data center infrastructure is preferred but not necessary
A successful candidate will have experience in some or all technologies outlined below. Candidates will be evaluated on the diversity and mastery of the technologies.
- Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Dynamics, Office 365, Azure
- vSphere, vCenter, vSAN, vRealize Suite
- Storage technologies such as
- Arrays: NetApp, EMC, Dell, HPE
- Fibre Channel: Brocade, MDS
- Software Defined Storage/HCI: vSAN, S2D, Nutanix, etc.
- LAN/WAN Design
- Datacenter networking
- Microsoft office including Excel, Power Point, Word, and Visio
- Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Server+, Storage+, VSP, VTSP, VCP, CCNA, CCDA, CSE, MCSA, MCSE, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong presentations skills on the phone, in person, and in front of medium to large groups
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills and ability to translate technical terms into non-technical language
- Strong analytical/troubleshooting, organizational skills and ability to resolve hardware and software issues
- Strong documentation and reporting skills
- Flexible with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Organized with the ability to maintain time management and expenses
In a rapidly growing organization, this position offers the opportunity for additional career paths. Future opportunities include but are not limited to Presales Engineering, Service Delivery, Customer Support or Project Management roles.
If you are looking for a vibrant culture, a great compensation and benefits package, and an organization that wants to help you accomplish your long-term career goals, then we want to meet you.
Vista IT Group is a national technology provider serving customers in every state, representing multiple industry sectors and verticals. We have over 30 years of experience as a global technology provider and our unique business model serves as a strategic complement to the conventional global information technology supply chain. Vista possesses warehouse, logistics, and full integration capabilities, which make us stand out in an industry where most technology providers leverage external resources.