Wholesale Account Manager
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reports To: General Manager
Vista has an exciting opportunity for a Wholesale Account Manager to join our experienced team. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling information technology products to our global network of VARs (Value Added Resellers), Brokers and Resellers. Successful candidates must be able to manage multiple customer relationships and maintain a multi-million-dollar sales quota centered around new and refurbished Cisco, Dell, HPE, IBM or Lenovo products. As the newest member of our team, you will work in partnership with the leadership team to develop a blueprint for your long-term success.
- Mine for business opportunities from new and existing reseller customers through inbound and outbound prospecting activities.
- Maintain clearly defined activity level standards (number of calls, number of quotes, time spent prospecting, etc.).
- Effectively use lead generation techniques to assemble lists of targeted prospective customers.
- Strategically manage sales cycles, maximize customer business potential, and provide pipeline sales forecasts.
- Properly qualify leads and leverage available resources to convert into sales opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions with customers.
- Overcome technical and business objections of current and prospective customers.
- Maintain relationships with key contacts and decision-makers.
- Consistently maintain monthly and annual sales quota and revenue goals.
Education & Experience
- Previous technology sales experience and/or experience in asset recovery resale a definite plus.
- One to two years’ B2B sales or purchasing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- General industry knowledge of virtualization, server and storage manufacturers.
- Previous sales experience with any one of the following; Cisco, Dell, HPE, IBM or Lenovo.
- Experience in validating customer requirements, and with configuring and pricing servers, blades and storage.
- Previous experience managing high-value inventory positions
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb written, phone and proposal skills are essential.
If you are looking for a vibrant culture, a great compensation and benefits package, and an organization that wants to help you accomplish your long-term career goals, then we want to meet you.
Vista IT Group is a national technology provider serving customers in every state, representing multiple industry sectors and verticals. We have over 30 years of experience as a global technology provider and our unique business model serves as a strategic complement to the conventional global information technology supply chain. Vista possesses warehouse, logistics, and full integration capabilities, which make us stand out in an industry where most technology providers leverage external resources.